What is a PTE?
Public Test Environments are publicly available builds for testing upcoming changes prior to release as a stable build.
A PTE can contain any of the following:
- new features
- new content
- new units
With the transition to a modern toolchain there will be two PTEs available:
- Legacy Public Test Environment (32 bit, older operating systems, etc)
- Modern Public Test Environment (64 bit, modern operating systems, etc)
How do I access a PTE?
You can opt-in to a PTE via Steam or the PA launcher.
- Open your Steam library
- Right click Planetary Annihilation: TITANS then select Properties
- Select the BETAS tab
- If PTEs are available you can select a PTE from the list
- Click the CLOSE button and Steam will download any changes for the selected PTE build
- Open the PA launcher and sign in
- Click on your username then select Build Options… from the list
- Tick the PTE builds you want to install then click SAVE
- Change the stream from stable to the PTE build you want to test
- Click VERIFY to install or update the selected PTE build
Clean Testing with Multiple Copies of PA
You can start multiples copies of PA using the
--localstorageurl command line option with a different name for each copy:
This can be used to separate testing from your stable build and is required when running multiple copies of PA at the same time to avoid data loss.